Practice Areas

Practice Areas

Practice Areas


Temporary travel and related nonimmigrant visa categories


A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), tourism, pleasure or visiting (visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).


Treaty Investor (E-2) visa is for citizens of countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce and navigation.


Study leading to a U.S. conferred degree or certificate is not permitted on a visitor (B) visa. Persons must first obtain an F-1 student visa in order to study at a learning institution that is authorized to issue the I-20 SEVIS document.


Person in Specialty Occupation, Requires a higher education (Bachelor’s) degree or its equivalent. Includes certain Specialty-food Chefs, fashion models of distinguished merit and ability, government-to-government research and development, among others.


Intracompany Transferee – to work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer in a managerial or executive capacity, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge.  Individual must have been employed by the same employer abroad continuously for 1 year within the three preceding years.


Individual with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or extraordinary recognized achievements in the motion picture and television fields, demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim, to work in their field of expertise. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.


Performing athlete, artist, entertainer


Temporary religious worker (R-1) visas are for persons who want to enter the United States to work temporarily in religious capacities.


Victims of certain criminal activities that either occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws may be eligible to petition for U nonimmigrant status to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Victims must have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse due to the criminal activity and possess information concerning that criminal activity. Law enforcement authorities must also certify that the victim has been, is being, or is likely to be helpful in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity.

       Family Based

Spouse of a U.S. Citizen, Spouse of a U.S. Citizen awaiting approval of an I-130 immigrant petition, Fiancé(e) to marry U.S. Citizen & live in U.S, Intercountry Adoption of Orphan Children by U.S. Citizens, Certain Family Members of U.S. Citizen, Certain Family Members of Lawful Permanent Residents.

       Employment Based

Employment-Based Immigrants, including  (preference group):
Priority workers, Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability, Professionals and Other Workers, Certain Special Immigrants: Religious Workers,  G-4 staff with 15 years of work in the United States.